re: dinner parties
1. The Venn diagram of dinner parties that includes my father should never again overlap with the Venn diagram that includes the word “polyamorous.”
2. Cold mashed potatoes should be warmed in the oven longer than ten minutes.
3. Get soy milk. Just in case.
4. Legos are a fun and easy conversation piece for company sloshed and sober alike. Cranium is an entertaining, but fairly slow game–to be coupled with drinking.
5. Nutmeg is good for more than just eggnog and cookies.
6. Placing your sister’s picture in front of the vase of flowers in the middle of the table is a poor substitute for her presence; instead it serves as a rather morbid suggestion.